Items improved and/or fixed in the latest Service Pack 4.
CADVANCE Layer Setup definition is improved to inherit the layer definition of AutoCAD. An example is the AutoCAD layer definition of symbol and text attributes when the symbol and text attribute are on different layers. For example, if the symbol resides on layer called ‘Symbols’, and text attributes reside on layer called ‘Hidden’.
Service Pack 4 Files
dwgxvwf.dll Last Modified Date: July 01, 2003
vwfxdwg.dll Last Modified Date: July 01, 2003
Items improved and/or fixed in the latest Service Pack 3.
1. Fixed TrueType Text Width Display/Print in Reference Drawings.
2. Improved Import of Arcs from AutoCAD DWG files. Especially helpful in import of drawings of the Civil & Survey types.
3. Improved Import of some Cad text from AutoCAD DWG files.
4. Fixed Import of some AutoCAD DWG files on Windows NT/2000/XP systems where there are a very large amount of lines and/or polylines in the DWG file which caused a crash when trying to open the DWG on Windows NT/2000/XP.
5. Improved Export to DWG, in that VWF drawing exports to DWG file without needing a File/Pack/Recalculate, where File/Pack/Recalculate was needed before in some instances (for example if a symbol was newly made in the VWF drawing with the command Symbol/Make, it would be necessary to do a File/Pack/Recalculate).
The translator files are:
adinit.dat ('Modified' date is September 27, 2001)
dwgxvwf.dll ('Modified' date is June 17, 2003)
vwfxdwg.dll ('Modified' date is June 17, 2003)
The other update files are:
Cad1.dll ('Modified' date of June 17, 2003)
CADMSG.dll ('Modified' date is June 16, 2003)
MFCTools.dll ('Modified' date is June 16, 2003)
CADMSG.dll is a display message dynamic link library file.
MFCTools.dll is a dynamic link library file involved in control of display and update of messages, tool bars, and status bar.
The CADVANCE Build 11.20 CD contains all the improvements of SP2, plus the following improvements:
What’s New in Service Pack 2
SP2 contains all changes, bug fixes and improvements of SP1, as well as the following improvements:
Note for AETools users:
§ AETools 2002 and CADVANCE 2000 share the buffer objects CDI_REFERENCE_DEFN and CDI_REFERENCE_BUF which are used by AEPlan. The buffer objects have maximum 64 character path length.
o Layers from DWG was setting line style and weight to zero in the CADVANCE 2002 original release. It now sets blank like V2000.
§ This change reflects to Edit/Word as Edit/Word Single and Edit/Word Multiple on the Edit menu as well as mouse right button popup menu.
1. Translate CADVANCE drawing database in layer order and leave out layers with no data in dwg file. Only the layers that contain data in CADVANCE are output to dwg file.
2. Create all area filled objects before all other line data in dwg file so that when the dwg file is displayed in other CAD software the date drawn over the filled area (solid) will be displayed . To do this, “Areafill under line” in the Option/Miscellaneous dialog box has to be checked on. Without checked, CADVANCE will display in forward or backward
3. Multiple layers with the same ‘underscore, underscore, layer number’ setting will end up on the same layer.
4. The translator setup dialog seems to show up only once per CADVANCE session. In addition to “File / Open … [another] dwg file”, the translator setup dialog now shows up after the Reference Setup Dialog (if translation detected) and for “Utility / Translate …“. This is a bug fix.
5. When translating DWG files to VWF files using File/Open, now cadvance creates VWF reference files for the XREFs found inside the DWG files.
6. Fixed tessellation algorithm. We know when to reverse the point-order when handling polygons drawn in clockwise order. Prevented crashes when translating large linesets.
1. When redrawing the drawing database, draw all area filled objects before all other line data. To do this, “Areafill under line” in the Option/Miscellaneous dialog box has to be checked on. Without checked, CADVANCE will display in forward or backward depending on the setting in the Option/Miscellaneous dialog box.
2. Fixed problem with clipboard, CADVANCE registry entries were not right in WinXP. This fix is applied only to Windows XP system.
3. Fixed Reference Setup column spacing so 3 digit layers are not split into two lines.
4. Fixed Undo/Redo where symbol editing and text attributes are involved.
There were cases like: “Symbol attributes are lost when a symbol is edited and then saved with the same name”, and “Symbol text attributes are lost when the user ‘explores’ the undo/redo memory and the text attributes assigned to symbol just go away and cannot be even be re-edited to have any text attributes.” Additionally, the undo/redo playback gets very confusing for the users with symbol editing. There was a need for a separation of undo/redo memory between symbol editing and general editing.
© F I T, Inc.
721 N. Euclid, Suite 303 Anaheim, CA 92801
Tel: 714-956-3171 Fax: 714-956-3170